The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Bridgewater-Raritan High students participated in Disney’s Diwali Dance Fest

BRHS student Pranav Bhagirath participates in the Diwali Dance Fest at Disney.

Bridgewater-Raritan High School students, Pranav Bhagirath, a sophomore, and his brother, Ayush, a senior, recently traveled to Florida to participate in the Diwali Dance Fest October 26-29.

Jashn Productions was the host of the event and the three days consisted of many events. Dancers engaged in an Indian-themed parade at Disney Springs, participated in a Diwali Dance Showcase at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and reveled in the festival of lights at an exclusive VIP Diwali Party within a Disney Theme Park, according to Jashn Productions’ website.

Bhagirath’s brother Ayush volunteered at the event and took part in the dance fest.  He weighed in on the experience of his brother.

“My brother was really excited to participate in the event because he enjoys music and he loves to perform. Additionally, it was in Disney which is one of his favorite places. My main goal was to support my brother during the event as he needed assistance during the parade and dance. My family and I were really proud to be a part of such a huge event,” Bhagirath’s brother said. 

The Dance Fest was orchestrated under the guidance of Jeanie Beri, the founder of Jashn Productions and an acclaimed South Asian American dancer. Beri’s leadership has garnered recognition and praise for South Asian talent at prestigious venues such as Walt Disney World, the NBA and Broadway.

BRHS student Pranav Bhagirath joins the Diwali Dance Fest parade at Disney.

The event not only showcased the talents of adults but also provided an opportunity for children to display their skills before an audience of over 1,000 attendees.

The festivities commenced with the characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse coming on stage, accompanied by specially-abled children.

Jashn Productions demonstrated its commitment to social causes by reportedly donating $10,000 to the N-Lorem Foundation. This foundation aims to develop and provide personalized experimental medicines to patients grappling with nano-rare conditions, all without imposing any charges on them.