The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Bridgewater-Raritan students won first place at Ridge High School Hackathon

Bridgewater-Raritan C.O.D.E club members win awards at RidgeHacks 2024 (Saanvi Goel)

Students from Bridgewater-Raritan High School’s C.O.D.E club recently attended the RidgeHacks Hackathon at Ridge High School. A variety of schools participated in this 12-hour event, with the Ridge Computer Science Club serving as the host.

A hackathon is an event where students individually or collaboratively create innovative solutions with technology, often using hardware and software. In addition, workshops are held and may be led by experienced mentors which allows attendees to learn new skills through interactive and hands-on sessions.

The Ridge Hackathon started at 8 a.m. on April 6 and included five workshops throughout the event: machine learning, data science, computer repair, information theory and more.

Throughout the event, students worked collaboratively on projects with their fellow team members. Throughout the day, projects ranged along the spectrum of apps, websites and various other programs.

Members from the Bridgewater-Raritan C.O.D.E Club won first place. The Bridgewater-Raritan team consisted of sophomore Mohit Srinivasan, sophomore Malav Patel, junior Aritra Banerjee and sophomore Arav Kewalia. Together, the team created ALAN (Artistic Luminance Audio Network) that allows users to convert any image into music.

Team members show off their project: ALAN. (C.O.D.E Club)

In addition, a middle school team consisting of Dhruv Rakhade, Alexander Sheng and Tharun Naguleswaran created Graze, a social media platform to share artwork and projects without any toxicity and negative cognitive reactions. They placed second during the Hackathon.

Sophomore Mohit Srinivasan, from the 1st place team, commented on his experience at RidgeHacks 2024.

“The RidgeHacks Hackathon was a great learning experience for me, and a way to show off my programming skills. I look forward to attending more Hackathons to further enrich my programming knowledge and skillset,” he said.

Looking into the future, the C.O.D.E Club hopes to have students represent the school at various hackathons and is excited to host the BRHacks Hackathon in October. Preparations for the Bridgewater-Raritan Hackathon are already underway.