The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

District orchestra program welcomed Carrie Jendza

Ms. Jendza joined the orchestra program this year. (Ananya Gupta)

This 2023-2024 school year, the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District welcomed Carrie Jendza.

She spends her time traveling between the schools to help  orchestra teachers with rehearsals and lessons. At Bridgewater-Raritan High School, Ms. Jendza largely collaborates with  Hsiao-Yu Lin Griggs, the  high school’s Orchestra Director. She is the Assistant Director to Ms. Griggs with all of the orchestra groups at the high school.

She also serves as a Co-Director of Orchestra for the Eisenhower and Hillside Intermediate Schools.

Since she was young, Ms. Jendza has always loved music. In high school, she participated in various ensembles, and in college, she majored in voice and violin, pursuing a dual degree for vocal and instrumental music education. Dabbling in singing, piano, cello and more, she gained a variety of experiences in music and was inspired to teach others about the joy it can spread.

Though Ms. Jendza took a break from her teaching career to raise her children, she came back to Bridgewater-Raritan as a cafeteria assistant last year but realized how much she missed working with students. When a position opened up for an orchestra teacher, the chance to get back into doing what she loved was in her hands.

Ms. Jendza said that she finds a lot of joy in her job since “the students, staff, and community are incredibly supportive.” She also acknowledged that teaching can be a stressful job. For those aspiring to pursue a career in teaching, Ms. Jendza recommends participating in the right activities: taking pedagogy classes in college, delving deeper into your subject and finding opportunities to work with young learners, like being a camp counselor or babysitter.

Teaching can be a challenging profession, but it is also an essential one that allows students to explore their interests. Teachers like Ms. Jendza make it possible for students to progress in their interests.