The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

January Students of the Month reflect on their achievements

The high school announces BRHS’s Students of the Month for January.

Four students have been chosen as Bridgewater Raritan High School’s January Students of the Month, awarded for their accomplishments, character, leadership and academic achievement.

The students of the month for January are as follows: senior Haley Clark, junior Natalia Calvimontes, sophomore Ryan Li and freshman Dean Hill.

Some of the recipients commented on their experience at BRHS and how they felt being awarded student of the month.

Clark said she felt super honored when chosen for student of the month.

“BRHS is a huge school and each grade has so many amazing students to choose from,” she said. “I couldn’t believe that they narrowed it down to just me.”

In addition, she said she is inspired by her Spanish teacher Senora Rousos. Not only does she teach Spanish well, but Clark said she also cares deeply about the well-being of her students.

Clark provided advice for BRHS students, saying that everyone should give themselves a little bit of grace and be patient because the results will follow.

Li said that he was surprised when he got the news that he was the sophomore student of the month. Along with this surprise was a feeling of honor, he said.

Li assumed he was chosen for this honor by his Italian teacher.

“I think my Italian teacher nominated me because I gave a very good presentation in her class,” he said.

Hill said he was excited when he got the news that he was the student of the month for the freshman class. He said this honor was bestowed upon him because he is very polite.

Mrs. Numez was described as the teacher who inspired Dean the most. He also advised the BRHS students by saying everyone should “always be kind and be good.”