The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Meet the new Grade 10 Assistant Principal Mr. Adam Leaman

New Grade 10 Assistant Principal Mr. Leaman shakes Superintendent Beers’ hand. (Courtesy of Mr. Leaman)

This new year came with welcoming a new 10th grade Assistant Principal to the Bridgewater-Raritan High School: Mr. Adam Leaman.

Prior to his new role, Mr. Leaman worked as the math and business supervisor at BRHS for over a year. Now, he feels very fortunate to have the opportunity to continue his career at Bridgewater-Raritan High School, where he describes every experience, every faculty member and every student as amazing.

At a young age, Mr. Leaman began working at a learning center for ages 6-8. Engaging with children and families in such a way planted a love for teaching. Yet, it was his 10th grade Algebra II teacher that inspired him to pursue a career in the educational field.

After graduating from college, Mr. Leaman began working at Montclair State University, working to revise the way that some schools taught math. His experiences there motivated him to work as a high school math teacher in Summit.

He worked in Summit for eight years before moving to a more rural school district where he became director for STEM education. Working with so many students across a wide variety of backgrounds taught him different learning styles, which proved invaluable working in such a diverse district like Bridgewater-Raritan.

When he first came to BRHS, Mr. Leaman was thrilled to be working with top-notch educators who all want what is best for students. Now, as assistant principal, he is even happier to be able to contribute to all the positive changes occurring, from the adapting schedules to the new constructions. This opportunity is what he wanted before he even began his career, so “seeing it come into fruition is a really exciting time,” he said. 

He hopes to provide all the students the BRHS the best education possible, letting them know that “if they ever need someone to have their back, I’m their person.”

Additionally, Mr. Leaman wants students to feel comfortable coming to him and the other educators during this momentous point in their lives. He hopes to continue bringing positive changes to BR, helping all students prosper.

Apart from teaching, Mr. Leaman loves going to the gym, hiking, trying new foods, sleeping and most of all, hanging out with his 6-year-old niece.

In reflection, Mr. Leaman feels extremely grateful for the new position as assistant principal.

“Success doesn’t happen in a vacuum. The people around you shape your experiences, and I’m so grateful for the people around me,” he said.