The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Forensics season celebrated with end-of-year banquet

Senior members of the Forensics team reflect on their experience debating over the past years. (BR Forensics)

The Bridgewater-Raritan High School Forensics-or speech and debate- team’s banquet was held on May 3 to reflect, appreciate and celebrate their achievements throughout the season.

The event was held by team advisors Mr. Alben Fischer and Ms. Melissa Pierce and served as a platform to honor the hard work and dedication of the team members.

The evening commenced with heartfelt reflections from Mr. Fischer and Ms. Pierce who expressed gratitude to everyone for their unwavering commitment and effort throughout the season. They commended the team for their resilience, passion and sportsmanship, which largely contributed to the success of the Forensics program.

Following the opening remarks, certificates were awarded to recognize each member’s contributions, highlighting their National Speech and Debate Association (NSDA) points and membership. This acknowledgment served as a testament to the individual achievements and collective efforts of the team.

The spotlight then turned to the outgoing 2023-2024 officer board, comprising of Andrei Cojocariu as president, Amey Paranjpe as vice president and Advay Pandit as secretary.

As seniors, they reflected on their memorable experiences and expressed gratitude for the opportunity to lead the team. They warmly welcomed the incoming 2024-2025 executive board, ushering in a new era of leadership with Abhay Sankar as president, Atharva Makode as vice president and Sameer Tijare as secretary.

Mr. Fischer took the stage once again to present the highly anticipated superlative awards, recognizing outstanding achievements in various categories such as spirit, competition and teamwork. These accolades celebrated the unique talents and contributions of individual team members, fostering a sense of camaraderie and pride within the Forensics community.

As the evening drew to a close, anticipation soared as the captains for the upcoming school year were announced. The newly appointed captains, chosen for their leadership qualities and dedication to the team, eagerly embraced their roles, being ready to inspire and guide their fellow teammates in the seasons to come.

The Forensics banquet not only celebrated the achievements of the past but also ignited a sense of excitement and anticipation for the future. As the team bids farewell to one chapter and embarks on another, the spirit of excellence and leadership continues to thrive within the Forensics family.