The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

China Night was another great success with large turnout

Students enjoy activities like badminton in the small gym. (Marko Gvozdenovic)

The Chinese Honor Society successfully conducted its annual China Night on March 1.

The event was open for everyone to come and enjoy the activities.

The large cafeteria was decorated with red and filled with tables full of food and activities that guests could take part in. The small gym was organized to hold competitive, athletic activities.

Students enjoy the food and amenities in the large cafeteria. (Marko Gvozdenovic)

The event celebrated Chinese culture and history with a plethora of amenities and activities. Contributors brought traditional Chinese meals for everyone to enjoy, including dumplings, fried noodles and bao zi.

Along with food, the event provided a wide variety of recreational activities that the attendees could take part in. Badminton rackets and nets were set up in the small gym for people to compete with friends. Traditional Chinese calligraphy tools and paper were provided so guests could take part in the ancient art form.

The treasurer of the Chinese Honor Society, Atharva Makode, shared how the event went.

“Overall the event was successful, and we had quite a large turnout. I’m glad we had the opportunity to celebrate Chinese culture,” he said.

Next year, the Chinese National Honor Society will conduct another China Night and the club members feel like that it may be more extravagant.