The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

First International Night will be a popular draw on November 8

International Night, which is an event to connect the community and its cultures, will be held at Bridgewater-Raritan High School on Wednesday, November 8.

The activities will start at 6 p.m. and will be staged in the large cafeteria of BRHS.

The event will offer a diverse array of foods, activities and performances. 

The Spanish National Honor Society, which is the host of the event, originally planned only to feature the language honor societies at BRHS, but the event was so popular that other cultural clubs at the school were later incorporated into the event. Increased club participation provides greater exposure to the diverse cultures present at BRHS.

Other clubs that are going to be present include the Pinots of Today and Korean Culture clubs. Some cultural groups that will also be in attendance include the Culture of Kerala, Telegu, Indian and Tamil groups.

Co-Presidents Meera Gharat and Ethan Wang of the Spanish Honor Society are excited about the event.

“It will be a great way for the student body to come together and celebrate the intersection of cultures from around the world,” Gharat said.

Gharat “was surprised by the enthusiastic reception” from the student body. This is a good sign for the possible engagement and attendance by students Wednesday night.

Gharat and Wang hope to see this become a yearly event and an established pillar of the BRHS community.

“It feels great to know that our efforts will help unite our community through performances, traditions, art and food,” Wang said.

International Night, with an anticipated turnout of approximately 300 attendees, promises to be a significant gathering that fosters community unity across BRRSD. It’s free for all students, and everyone is guaranteed to find something to enjoy.

To RSVP for International Night please use this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSwo5B0i5dGQm6ZeJhimD49y797lMkJIBaWgFQ6OZvubufHA/viewform?authuser=0