The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Spirited performance delivered during “Godspell’

The first performance of the school year by the Bridgewater-Raritan High School Theater Arts Department may have set the tone for what lies ahead.

An energized and enthusiastic performance on stage and a fine-tuned effort off the stage and behind the curtains was on full view for a lively audience to appreciate when the musical was presented by the high school’s International Thespian Honor Society Troupe No. 5154 from October 6 through 8 at the Bridgewater-Raritan Middle School auditorium.

The musical was shown at the middle school due to renovations that are currently underway at the high school auditorium.

The venue was different but not the tireless and passionate efforts that were delivered by Tom Gunning and his wife, Teresa Gunning, who serve as the Directors of the high school’s Drama Club along with first-year Bridgewater-Raritan High School Theater Arts Teacher Heather Day.

The husband-wife team were the co-directors and choreographers of ”Godspell.”

Matt McCarthy, who is the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District’s Supervisor of Arts Education, was among the spectators in a spirited audience who deeply appreciated the performance.

”Our student actors radiated enthusiasm and talent this weekend,” Mr. McCarthy said. ” I’m looking forward to another great year of theater at BRHS.”

He and the school community will receive their next opportunity to marvel at the talents of the high school actors and stage crew when “The Dining Room” is presented on January 26-28 at the high school’s auditorium. The shows will be held at 7 p.m. on January 26 and 27 and then a matinee is scheduled at 2 p.m. on January 28.

Ms. Day will direct the Spring Musical: Disney’s “High School Musical” on April 19-21, also at the high school auditorium. Again, this musical will have performances at 7 p.m. on the first two days and a 2 p.m. matinee on the final day.