The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

Indoor Percussion team advanced in Regional Finals

The indoor percussion team competed at Trumbull. (Yashoda Sivaramakrishnan)

The Bridgewater-Raritan High School’s Indoor Percussion team performed  its  2024 show, “Let it Shine,” at Trumbull High School in Trumbull, Connecticut, on February 24.

The group performed at one of the many Winter Guard International (WGI) Regionals throughout the course of the season. After a successful season last year, the group began their season in November 2023 with their new annual show.

Competing against sixteen other groups from New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and more in the preliminary round, the group came placed eighth in their category, Scholastic Marching A, with a score of 74.25.  

With 16 other groups to try and beat, earning eighth place was a major accomplishment given the size disadvantage the team has faced consistently due to Bridgewater-Raritan’s program beginning much later than many other groups that have been participating for decades. The disadvantage, however, has never stopped the group from continuously breaking new records in Bridgewater-Raritan history. 

This win for the Indoor Percussion Ensemble is accompanied by the successes observed last year, such as making it to finals for the first time in the ensemble’s history last year, and also in this season with their win at the Mid-Atlantic Percussion Society Hatboro-Horsham competition on February 17.  

After their performance during the preliminary round, the group advanced to the final round and performed later that evening against the nine other groups who made it to the final round as well.