The Student News Site of Bridgewater-Raritan High School

The Prowler

The Prowler

The Prowler

New theater director Ms. Day wants students to know “We’re all in this together”

New theater director Ms. Day wants students to know Were all in this together
Ms. Day

Bridgewater-Raritan High School’s  new theater arts teacher, Ms. Heather Day, will be directing the spring theater production of “High School Musical.” 

The musical is open for the whole school to audition for roles. The musical will be performed on April 19, 20 and 21, 2024.

Not only is Ms. Day looking for people who love singing and dancing, but she also wants people to show off their basketball and tumbling skills on stage. She also encourages interested students to join the drumline.

Ms. Day says she wants to give the audience a realistic experience of high school life and have it represent the students at BRHS. Her wish is that this production will help students build up their confidence and open up their passion for the arts.

“Recognizing that everyone has different gifts, be confident with those gifts, and be open to taking risks to explore ways you need to grow,” Ms. Day said. 

Even though this is her first year at BRHS, Ms. Day has 11 years of teaching experience. Presently,  she divides  her days in the high school and teaching music at the Hillside Intermediate School.

She has worked in elementary schools, including the past eight years at the Crim Primary School.

She loves music and theater and believes that this program is a safe space to help students build on their strengths and grow.