Fine Arts Festival’s Amazing Choral Concert

Adithya Anand, Writer

On March 22, students from Grades 4 – 12 performed at the annual Fine Arts Festival of the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District. Singers from all of the district’s 11 schools teamed up to put on a great performance for all those in the audience.

After a few remarks from the new Supervisor of the Arts, Mr. McCarthy, and a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem by the High School chorus, the event began with the 4th-grade chorus.

The BRHS Choral performs during the Fine Arts Festival. (Courtesy of Bruce Moran)

Led by Mrs. Day of Crim Primary School, the choral singers from all 7 primary schools sang together as one ensemble. The group performed Cantamos, or We Sing! in English.

Following the 4th graders’ performance was the Intermediate Choir, which was composed of students from the Eisenhower and Hillside choir programs. They performed three pieces: Fox, Little Wheel A-Turnin’, and Pete, Pete! They were led by Mr. Sgro of Hillside, as well as Ms. Rotondi and Ms. Smith of Eisenhower.

After that, the Middle School students performed. Led by Middle School music teacher and choir director Ms. Hingelberg, the ensemble performed Stand Together and Close to the Flame. They were accompanied by a violinist.

Last, but certainly not least, the High School choir performed. Under the direction of Dr. John Wilson, the students performed Sanctuary and Tres Cantos Nativos dos Indros.

Finally, the entirety of choir students from grades 4-12 performed a final song, Blessing. Led by Mrs. Day (accompanied by Ms. Watson), it closed off a phenomenal performance by all the choirs from the Bridgewater-Raritan School District.

This event was the first of four events for the Fine Arts Festival. The Orchestra and Band Fine Arts Festivals occurred on March 29 and 30 respectively, and the Art showcase is occurring in May. The concert was a great success and an amazing start to a beloved tradition for BRRSD.